Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How it started

So I was asked by a few how to explain how I lost the first 33lbs. Well to be honest I had lost 40lbs but gained some of my weight back over the holidays. My journey began in March when I just decided buying larger clothes was not an option. Something had to be done. So I began looking on line and for a few months attempted to count points. It was my own adapted version of Weight Watchers because I was not paying for the program. After a while I ran in to the web site Livestrong.com, they have a great program that lets you search through food and count calories. This was when my weight loss really started because I was able to see I was really eating to many calories and not burning enough. So I started walking. After a while I decided to start adding some jogging to the mix to keep things a little difficult.
It's amazing how easy weight loss is if you just watch what you eat and get of your @$$. But there in also lays the problem. Some time around thanksgiving I stopped. The lady I was walking with gave up on her weight loss journey and I just stopped walking. After a while I stopped logging my food. I'm not sure why accountability to someone else meant so much, but it turns out it did. So that's why I have decided to start this blog. Maybe some of my friends, and some strangers who stumble in will help me on my journey.

1 comment:

  1. "The lady I was walking with gave up on her weight loss journey and I just stopped walking. After a while I stopped logging my food. I'm not sure why accountability to someone else meant so much, but it turns out it did. "

    This is what happened to me previously. My wife and I were making progress and she stopped walking. I went a few weeks longer, then I quit.
    I'm not quitting now! I'm in it for me (and them really, but it has to be about you first). Keep on walking!

    ReplyDelete