Thursday, January 22, 2009

Clothes

I have a question for those of you who have lost weight. When did you buy new clothes? When I started my diet I was a size 24, I had some size 22 items that fight kind of tight. At this time I am a size 18/16. The size 24 stuff just is to big and the size 22 fits with a belt or the shirts just look really baggy. The Problem is even though the pants don’t fall off with my belt tightened, they look horribly baggy. I look like I am trying to pass for a boy in these baggy shirts and baggy pants but I really don’t want to make the monetary investment in new clothes till I am a size 14/12. Hey maybe a 10? A girl can dream right? I have purchased two new pants and a four new shirts because I did not feel right going to church or fancy occasions dressed in my best tom boy gear.. the problem has arisen in the fact that I have started getting comments like: “Wow you really like that shirt hu?” and “You shouldn’t wear those you cant even tell you lost any weight.” ohh and my favorite : “Couldn’t keep the weight off hu, its okay its not for everyone.”
So what would you do? What did you do?

5 comments:

  1. I think for me personally I wouldn't want to buy a WHOLE new wardrobe if I am still losing weight. I might go to goodwill and see if I can find anything.
    For the people that make comments about the clothes you are wearing- I guess I would gently remind/tell them that, yes I am still losing weight.. or something to that nature!
    Just remember you are losing weight for YOU! not the people that make comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just recently began using the bodybugg. Where did you get the sleep chart? (it was on a previous chart, but I felt insensitive to post this comment there).

    In a more direct address to this post, I would wait until I am done losing weight to buy anything significant. If people comment on your clothes, you can just smile knowing that they're in for a big surprise later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wonder how you got the sleep chart

    ReplyDelete
  4. A confession to make, I actualy do not have a body bug. I have a similar device from gowearfit. I just say body bug because most people know what that is and it helps avoid confusion. (and in my opinion they do the same thing) But I guess it gives a sleep chart where the body bug does not.    Thanks for the advice on the clothes. I do know I'm losing weight for me but I guess its hard for me not to put stock in other peoples opinions. haha hince the blog right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to the point when I was heavy that I rarely wore pants and so I wore skirts and dresses until I was done.

    ReplyDelete