Thursday, January 29, 2009

Food Journaling

    For those of you who are using a food Journal, where do you get you information on calories at? I have been using livestrong.com, which honestly is a great site that is very easy to use. Except that it has SO many options how do you choose. I bring this up because today was my weigh in date and I am still at 193.4. I only worked out twice this week but I thought I had done a great job at food journaling.  I have been trying to really watch what I eat and even added red meat back in to my diet (once a week) to help with my Iron level. 
   Here is my problem: Lets say for breakfast I eat a bacon and egg burrito, well my calorie options are any where from 210 – 1110 calories? How do you pick? So a little help , how are you guys choosing what calorie information to use.

2 comments:

  1. I just posted about this issue! I sometimes use the daily plate, and the bodybugg site has information as well. But then, so does SparkPeople.com, of which I am a member. I feel like it's really difficult unless I use the nutritional information off the package (which isn't always possible). Lately, I have been trying to eat only food that I can find the nutritional information easily (i.e., on the package, it's a fruit or vegetable, or from the company's website). In order to make it easier to enter, I just take a picture of the product nutritional info, and that helps me keep track of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, did you make the taco yourself? Or was it from a restaurant? The restaurants should have a list of nutritional info they give out. This site has a lot of the most common fast food places: http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

    ReplyDelete